Poem Brut at Rich Mix : November 25th 2017
An extraordinary beginning to the live happening of Poem Brut - a literary event celebrating of the visual, visceral, messy, handwritten and colourful in poetry with new unique commissions from writers exploring alternate ways of making literature. Each presentation was different from the last, cohesive, heartening, exciting, challenging, and funny, with readings, performances and talks alongside pop up exhibits, interactions and video poems from some of the UK's most interesting writers.
Below you can explore each writer's commission page, videos of each performance and pictures by the Madeleine Elliott.
Featuring new commissions from ... (click to the link to explore each poet's Poem Brut profile page) :
- Harry Man / on dyslexia & the brain
- Imogen Reid / works in progress, visual feedback forms
- Stephen Emmerson / dirt boot poetry & paper hale
- Hiromi Suzuki / new gif poems
- Paul Hawkins / a pop up exhibition on belonging
- Kate Wakeling / Nak Deddo, a collaboration with child
- Christian Patracchini / tactility tongue touching wall
- Patrick Cosgrove / Clementine munch poem & ghetto blaster
- Christopher Stephenson / Noise box passaround poem